Mobile marketing is a vital aspect of any marketing plan and it is essential for the growth of your business. Below are some tips that will help you to reach your mobile marketing goals and avoid some major mistakes that could cost you more than you are willing to lose.
- If you have an iOS app, make use of Apple’s in-app purchase mechanism. This feature makes it easy for people using your app to buy things right from the app itself. This mechanism is especially good for subscription services associated with magazines or online content, as well as to unlock additional app features like reduced advertising.
- Don’t mix the purpose of emails and texts. You can use text messages to reconfirm information included in an email you sent earlier. It is acceptable to send a text reminding your customers 5 minutes before your store sales starts, but don’t send the two-week advance notice as a text message.
- If you are making use of mobile marketing – send an occasional reminder message! If you have some sort of event coming up, you should remind your customers a few days ahead of time, as well as the day of the event itself. Customers are busy people and may forget what they had wanted to do without a reminder from you.
- The information you send out has to be meaningful if you expect to receive a meaningful response. Little reminders about nothing but your existence are annoying. So if you’re contacting someone via mobile marketing, make sure that you have a worthy cause for doing so. It’s not a lot to ask.
- One of the most interesting aspects of the new smartphones is the inclusion of GPS functions. Incorporate location into your mobile marketing by providing the option for users to quickly locate the nearest authorized retailer or site for your products and services, then offer a discount or promotional code for users who visit that location.
- Steer clear of texting abbreviations. When you shorten your messages using chat speak, you make yourself and your business seem less professional and credible. Take the time to spell everything out to make sure your messages are clearly understood, and that you come across in a professional and polite manner.
- Ask customers to review you on the various review sites. You can put up QR codes that link directly to your business on a particular review site. Make it easy for them to tell the world how fantastic their experience was with you. The more positive reviews you have, the better your business will grow.
- When developing content for mobile marketing, be sure that you portray a sense of urgency along with a reason for your customer to perform at least some type of action. This is important because the fear of missing out on something special is one of the best sales techniques in existence. Also, without an action for the customer to take part in, you are failing to bring in any immediate business.
Now that you have read these tips, hopefully, you have learned something new about mobile marketing. This is just one article and there is more where this came from. There is quite a bit that goes along with this type of marketing and you need to know what’s important for your business model before attempting to use it for your own company. [Learn More]